There are plenty of excellent reasons for you to choose beautiful Punta Mita, Mexico, as your next vacation destination, and those include fabulous year-round weather and some of the best water and land activities in the world. However, those who have a passion for the game of golf and a serious love for the best gourmet foods should plan their visit for the end of November through the beginning of December for a spectacular event that celebrates both of these wonderful things. People from all around the world visit Punta Mita specifically for its incredible world-class golf courses, and this is the perfect time for you to come and enjoy a superbly elevated golfing and dining experience during the Punta Mita Gourmet and Golf event.
About Punta Mita Gourmet and Golf
In its seventh incredible year, this event has been scheduled to begin on Thursday, Nov. 30, and it will run through Sunday, Dec. 3. Participants may expect to enjoy golfing on both the Bahia and the Pacifico, which are the ultimate in world-class golf courses designed by the prestigious firm founded by golf legend Jack Nicklaus. These courses boast challenging play and stunning views of the Pacific Ocean that are beyond compare. After a day of golfing, it’s time to get a taste of the gourmet dishes that are created by the guest chefs and perfectly paired with exquisite wines courtesy of top winemakers from all around the globe.
Those who choose to play in the golf tournament may have the opportunity to go up against these golf greats who are attending this event as special guests.
- Lorena Ochoa: Considered the greatest Mexican athlete of all time, she maintained her status as the top female golfer in the world for 157 weeks straight.
- Craig Stadler: Affeionately known as “The Walrus,” this American golfing superstar boasts four straight wins in the PGA Tour.
Some 21 incredible chefs and winemakers are coming out in full force for this event, and these are just a few of the most popular.
- Fry Ford: An executive chef and owner of several successful restaurants around the world, Chef Fry is known for his fondness of cooking on wood-fire stoves and using the best local-sourced fresh ingredients in every dish.
- Richard Sandoval: Known for his inspired Peruvian, Latin-Asian and Pan-Latin dishes, Chef Sandoval owns more than 20 restaurants throughout the world.
- Monica De La Torre: An extraordinary pastry chef for many years, this talented lady has also turned her attention to fine wines and has become one of the world’s top wine experts.
- Betty Vazquez: A judge on the hit TV show, “Master Chef Mexico,” Chef Vazquez boasts an excellent culinary education from France’s prestigious Le Cordon Bleu and is known for her incredibly creative dishes that perfectly pair both sweet and spicy flavors.
Excellent Participation Packages
Those lodging with us here at Exceptional Stays have the opportunity to choose between two participation packages, and our dedicated concierge team is happy to take care of all of the arrangements before your arrival. Just let us know which of these packages you’re interested in when you make your reservations.
Gourmet and Golf
This package allows you to enjoy all aspects of this event, and it’s available for $918 per person. However, there is a 25% discount for those who are premier members of the Punta Mita Club. These are just a few highlights of this great package.
- Guaranteed participation in the golf tournament
- Special opening night gala at the Four Seasons
- Extravagant gourmet event at the Kupuri Beach Club
- Choice of five gourmet dinners available on Friday evening
- Golf luncheon and award ceremony at the St. Regis on Saturday afternoon
- Closing dinner on Saturday evening at the St. Regis
- Farewell gourmet brunch at the Kupuri Beach Club on Sunday
This option is for those who aren’t interested in playing in the golf tournament but still want to enjoy the incredible gourmet meals. Passes are $655 per person, and a 25% discount is available to those with a premier membership in the Punta Mita Club. These are a few highlights that you may plan to enjoy.
- Opening night festivities at the Four Seasons
- Gourmet extravaganza at the Kupuri Beach Club
- Choice of gourmet dinner on Friday night
- Gourmet lunch at the Kupuri Beach Club on Saturday
- Closing dinner party Saturday night at the St. Regis
- Farewell brunch on Sunday at the Kupuri Beach Club
Choose Your Vacation Residence Today
There’s still time for you to lock in your preferred vacation residence for the dates of this event, so contact us here at Exceptional Stays right away before the vacancies are filled. We look forward to assisting you in planning the perfect vacation experience.