Telluride Plein Air: A Celebration of Outdoor Painting has been set to begin on Sunday, June 30, and activities will run through Saturday, July 6, in the lovely outdoor setting of Telluride, Colorado. In its 16th year, this event invites some 25 artists to come be inspired by the mountain air and the gorgeous surroundings. Some truly amazing artwork has come to life on the streets of Telluride each year during this event, and those in attendance may expect to see a variety of paintings in the mediums of pastels, oils and watercolors.
Tentative Schedule of Events
It’s still early in the year, so this schedule of events is likely to change slightly with more activities and events added. A full list of artists who plan to be in attendance will also be released at a later date.
Sunday and Monday
- As you stroll around the town of Telluride, you’ll encounter the artists set up in various areas working on their creations. You’re more than welcome to watch the creative process as it occurs.
- Quick Draw Event: This two-hour painting competition will be held from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Judging and a sale of the paintings will be held right afterwards at the Sheridan Opera House, and an $800 prize will go to the winner.
- VIP Artist Choice Cocktail Party: This will be held from 5 to 6 p.m. at the Sheridan Opera House SHOW Bar. This is the time for SAF patrons and members to preview the best artwork and enjoy cocktails.
- Artist Choice Awards: This event is open to the public, and it will be held from 6 to 7 p.m. at the Sheridan Opera House SHOW Bar. You’ll have the opportunity to see the artwork from each artist, and the awards will be presented at 6:30 p.m. The paintings will be available for purchase as well.
Thursday, Friday and Saturday
- Plein Air Art Sale and Exhibition: Come over to Telluride’s Elks Park and the courtyard of the Sheridan Opera House from 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. each of these days. Each artist may have as many as 10 paintings for sale, and more original paintings may be offered as each one sells. If it should rain, then this will be moved inside the Sheridan Opera House. On Thursday only, this event will break from 11 a.m. to noon so that everyone may enjoy the town’s Fourth of July Parade.
Book Your Vacation Rental Today
June is a hopping month for festivals and events in Telluride, so you’ll want to reserve your preferred vacation rental with us here at Exceptional Stays right away while vacancies are still available. Let us know that you’re interested in this event, and we’ll assist you in choosing a vacation home that is near all of the Telluride Plein Air activities.