Time spent playing in the Mediterranean Sea is a big part of any vacation on Spain’s lovely island of Menorca, and you’ll have plenty of opportunities to swim, snorkel, scuba dive, surf and engage in any number of incredible water activities. However, those families who are traveling with children or anyone looking for something different might want to try one of the island’s fabulous water parks. Aqua Center is one of the very best, and it promises a full day of fun for all age groups.
About Aqua Center
Conveniently located within minutes of Ciutadella, a port city on Menorca’s west coast, the Aqua Center waterpark offers fun water adventures for everyone from the tiniest tot to the most daring thrill seeker. It opens daily at 10:30 a.m. from May through September, and you’ll enjoy access to a huge area that allows you to simply relax and unwind in the pool or get energized on the exciting water rides.
Check Out the Water Attractions
- Adventure Rider: Suitable for all ages, this waterslide takes you on a curvy ride along some 300 feet of fun before you’re delivered into the beautiful blue lagoon below.
- Water Castle: Built for the smallest visitors to enjoy a safe, exciting water experience, the water castle features an area of extremely shallow water. Your little ones are sure to enjoy the short climb up into their own castle and a trip down the small water tunnel, and there’s plenty of room for them to play in the water as well.
- Kamikaze: Anyone with a need for speed will love this waterslide that propels you through a steep, straight tube and out into a fast open run before you splash into the lagoon. There’s room on the float for a younger child to ride with a parent or older child so that everyone can enjoy the experience.
- Black Hole: A ride that’s meant to challenge the most daring thrill seekers, it flies you at a high rate of speed through the pitch darkness. And you better hold on tight to your float as you navigate some incredible twists and turns. Before you know it, you’ll come zooming out into the brightness and make an incredible splash into the lagoon. You’ll be provided with a two-seat tube for this ride so that it won’t be quite so scary with a friend.
- Water Chutes: This is fun for children of any age, and several children may slide down together on the super wide chute that boasts space for multiple riders at a time.
- Water Tunnels: Race your friend or family member on this cool attraction that sends down two riders through side-by-side tunnels built into a huge rock formation. The winner that shoots out into the lagoon first is the big winner, and you can race as many times as you like.
- Swimming Pool and Jacuzzi Area: Those who prefer a more relaxing day out may feel free to lounge in the spacious swimming pool and Jacuzzi. Both adults and children are welcome to enjoy these areas, and there are multiple comfy sunning beds available around the entire pool area as well.
Fun Out of the Water
- Play Area: When your children have had enough of the water, they can dry off in a fun way in the play area. It features a huge trampoline, bounce houses and climbing features for children ages 12 and under.
- Go-Kart Racing: Adults and children age 12 and over can race each other on the cool go-kart track.
- Game Center: Come on inside the air-conditioned building to cool off and enjoy some games. You’ll find full-size pool tables and foosball tables as well as exciting video games and interactive racecar driving games.
Enjoy a Meal or a Snack
Playing in the water makes everyone hungry, and you may choose to drop by the snack shack for any number of menu items that include hamburgers, hot dogs, a wide selection of cold and hot sandwiches, chips, drinks and desserts. These may be enjoyed in the covered picnic area at any of the many picnic tables. You may also choose a nice meal in the comfortable family restaurant that serves several delicious dishes that include homemade pastas and pizzas, fresh fish, steaks and vegetarian and vegan favorites. There’s a full bar that serves wine, beer, specialty tropical drinks, creative cocktails and non-alcoholic options as well.
Get Your Tickets
Aqua Center offers daily passes as well as double-day passes, 3-day passes and 5-day passes. Regardless of the type of pass you choose, children under the age of 3 are admitted free of charge. Those lodging in one of our luxury vacation rentals here at Exceptional Stays may count on our dedicated concierge team to arrange for a private car and driver to transport you to and from this fun activity.