A wonderful stay awaits you on Spain's beautiful island of Mallorca, and you're going to want to explore every inch of this wonderful place. While you'll find many great ways to experience all that Mallorca has to offer, a horseback ride is absolutely one of the very best. You'll have the incredible opportunity to see the beaches, the mountains and the forests of the island from the back of a magnificent horse, and those lodging with us here at Exceptional Stays may trust our dedicated concierge team to make the arrangements for any of these excellent adventures.
Ranxo Ses Roques
Located in Port d'Alcudia, this is a year-round business run by a family that is truly passionate about horses, and you can be assured that they will carefully match up the right horse to every member of your family for a safe and fun riding experience. This is just a bit of what you may expect to enjoy during your visit.
- Horseback Riding: You may choose between a one-hour ride that takes you through the beautiful surrounding woods with plenty of wildlife and around the base of the Sant Marti mountain or up the mountain on a two-hour adventure. Excellent views reveal themselves as you ride up the mountain along with mountain goats, and you'll ride through some beautiful pine groves. You'll enjoy a beautiful view of Alcudia Bay when you reach the top, and there will be time for you and the horses to rest before riding back down. Every rider is provided with a helmet, and a trained guide rides alongside you at all times.
- Pony Rides: The youngest members of your family won't feel left out either thanks to the friendly ponies who are happy to offer safe rides as an experienced guide leads them around the paddock. Each child will be fitted with an appropriate helmet, and each ride lasts for 10 minutes.
- Petting Zoo: Entrance is free to this zoo for anyone who books a horse or pony ride, or there's a small fee if the zoo is your only activity. It's filled with farm animals that are native to Mallorca, and you'll have a chance to pet friendly donkeys, cows, sheep, pigs and goats. Each child is provided with a sack of seed and shown how to feed the animals, and you're welcome to stay as long as you like. There is also a museum that features farm tools from the days of old that may be visited along with the zoo.
Horseback Riding on the Beach
This tour is offered by the trusted company of Experience Mallorca, and riders must be at least 12 years of age to participate. It's one of the few companies that offer horseback riding on the beach, and you may choose between a one-hour or a two-hour ride, which will take you through the forest and out onto the beach where you may ride along the edge of the sea or even take your horse for a gallop if you're up to the challenge. You may also choose from these fun adventures.
- Wild West Adventure Night: If you want to feel like an authentic cowboy or cowgirl, then this is the experience for you. You'll take a one-hour horseback ride into the gorgeous forest that overlooks the beach, and expect to sit down to a campfire dinner that features delicious barbecue and bottomless glasses of sangria. This is followed by some traditional line dancing and a rodeo bull competition. Those who don't want to go on horseback are welcome to ride in the wagon to the festivities, and you'll enjoy the added addition of the guitar-playing Indian who encourages everyone to sing along.
- Mini Zoo With Pony Rides: Available for the younger children who aren't old enough for a real horseback ride, the pony rides are safe and fun. Children of all ages are sure to enjoy the zoo that features many farm animals that can be petted such as potbelly pigs and miniature goats, and there are monkeys and a few other more traditional zoo animals as well. A play park and a bouncy castle are also available for the children in the group.
Rancho Grande Park
Owned and operated by the Martorell family since 1963, this establishment boasts some 150 French trotters that have been bred at the ranch to preserve their unique bloodline. You may choose to take a horseback ride on the beach for either two or three hours, and the horses are more than happy to walk in the surf. You may also enjoy the sunset horseback ride under the stars that includes dinner and entertainment. Pony rides, a mini zoo and a play area are available for the younger members of your family. Be sure to check out the area weather before heading out to these outdoor activities.