Those visiting Spain's Costa Brava quickly discover mile after mile of stunning coastline that gives way to the lovely waters of the Mediterranean Sea. It's an area of natural beauty that's without compare, but more beautiful and exotic sights await those who wish to explore the whole new world that exists beneath the water. If you have an interest in snorkeling or scuba diving, then you've definitely come to the right place for your vacation or weekend getaway. Whether you've never tried these awesome activities or snorkel or scuba dive on a regular basis, you'll discover a wonderful experience beneath the waters found off of Costa Brava. These are just a few of the best ways that you can enjoy snorkeling or scuba diving during your stay.
1. Southern Costa Brava Snorkel Tour
Offered by Blanes Boats, this fun four-hour tour is available for up to nine guests to enjoy. A professional captain will take you out on a comfortable boat, and you'll drop anchor in the clear waters of Tossa de Mar. The water is crystal clear, and you'll be able to easily see the surrounding marine life, check out several caves and coves and visit the area's most exclusive beaches. Each guest is provided with all of the necessary snorkeling equipment and refreshments. It's recommended that you bring along sunglasses, sunscreen and water shoes or sandals with white rubber soles.
2. Subwing Tour
Another fun offering from Blanes Boats is this incredible enhanced snorkeling experience. This activity has been described as flying beneath the water, and it's a wonderful way to spend time with the entire family. However, children are required to be at least 10 years of age to participate and must be supervised by a parent or other responsible adult. During the three-hour tour, your captain will whisk your group of no more than nine individuals away to the gorgeous beaches and coves that can be found between Blanes and Lloret de Mar. You'll be given a lesson on how to operate the easy-to-use subwing before you grab the handles and allow it to propel you through the waters as easily as the fish swim. All necessary equipment and beverages are provided, and you should bring sunglasses, sunscreen and a comfortable bathing suit.
3. Sant Feliu de Guixols Scuba Diving
Diving enthusiasts from all around the globe come to Costa Brava to experience this stunning dive that is offered by Pisces Diving. Clear, warm waters await, and the abundance of underwater life is nothing short of amazing. Expect to encounter thousands of colorful creatures, the beautiful moon fish, red tuna that swim straight up and breach the surface and the fin whale, which is the second largest whale in the world at some 60 feet long. You'll also encounter the biggest and most colorful nudibranch on the planet, brightly colored stones and rocks that appear fluorescent yellow because of the lifeforms that cover them and interesting rock formations in the most interesting shapes. The six tunnels round out the perfect diving experience, and you're sure to be talking about this amazing dive for many years to come.
4. Tossa de Mar Scuba Diving
Let the master diving instructors from Super Dive take you on a number of exceptional dives that may be found beneath the waters of Tossa de Mar. You may request a personalized dive, or choose from these popular dive courses that are regularly offered.
- PADI Mediterranean Seahorse Expert Diver: Offered from no other dive center, this incredible dive provides a wonderful experience for any diver who is interested in learning more about seahorses. Participants will enjoy two full dives that are dedicated to searching out these incredible creatures, and you'll learn how to find them in their natural habitat, how they reproduce, how to protect them and how to dive alongside them without spooking them or interfering in their normal activities.
- Photosub Course With Rafa Cosme: If you have an interest in underwater photography, then this unique dive allows you to learn from the very best. Rafa Cosme has won awards on both the national and international level with his sublime underwater photography, and you can combine a wonderful dive with learning all of his best-kept secrets.
- PADI Night Diving: There is nothing quite like exploring the underwater world at night, and you'll learn how to do it safely with this course. You'll discover marine creatures that are simply never seen during the day, and you'll learn all about the planning, the equipment and the navigation needed for any night dive.
- PADI Deep Diving: Once you've become an experienced diver, there's only one more thing that you'll want to do: Dive deeper than you've ever dived before. This course takes you to a depth of over 130 feet, and you'll see incredible marine creatures that only dwell in these depths. You'll be taught all of the safety measures that are necessary to allow you to safely deep dive whenever you like.