If you're looking to thoroughly enjoy the immense beauty of Spain, then you'll definitely want to plan a visit to the stunning Costa Brava. It combines nature at its absolute best with a great many wonderful land and water activities, and you'll definitely want to check out the many available food and drink tours along the Costa Brava. Those planning a visit with us here at Exceptional Stays may count on our dedicated concierge team to reserve your spot for any of these incredible tours.
This is a very old-world traditional winery in Calonge, and the Molla family has been producing extraordinary natural wines since 1338. This tour is equal parts beauty and history as you walk through the lush vineyards near the Mediterranean Sea and learn the rich history that this family has put into their wines generation after generation. You'll learn the step-by-step process that brings forth this traditional peasant wine, and there will be a visit to the winery after your walk in the vineyards is done. At the end of the tour, you'll be invited into the beautiful farmhouse garden for a tasting of three different wines. Fresh seasonal fruit picked right off the tree and various wines are offered for sale as well at very reasonable prices. Much of this tour takes place outside, so be sure to check the weather before you arrive.
If suds sound better to you than bubbles, then you'll love this Blanes brewery. Produced in a small family workshop since 2008, this beer has reached local acclaim for its very personalized and different brewing process. Every batch is handmade with seawater, and there are no chemical products or additives in this beer. There is also no filtering and no pasteurization. Tours are informal, but visitors are welcome to come by any time that the workshop is open for a little tutorial on beer making along with a taste of the different beers made here.
A treasure of Torrent, this prestigious vineyard is located on a historic estate that boasts a 17th century farmhouse and incredible views of both the Medieval walls of Pals and the Medes Islands. Wine has literally been produced in this area since the Greeks introduced vineyards in 600 B.C., and there are several wine experiences available on a regular basis. These are just a few of the most popular options.
- Cheese and Wine: Local cooking experts join the vineyard winemaker to provide this delicious and informative workshop, and you can expect to learn much about the complexities involved in wine and cheese pairings. You're in for a real treat with some 10 cheeses, a risotto and a scrumptious dessert, which are all locally sourced. You'll also be treated to a visit to the winery. This experience is offered at various times throughout the year.
- Visit and Wine Tasting: Visitors will start with a beautiful walk through the vineyards, and your knowledgeable guide will explain all of the details that go into making the wine. The winery itself will be your next stop, and you'll see everything including the important aging room. This tour ends with a wonderful wine tasting, and reservations are required.
- Exclusive Visit: Offered all year long with the exception of July and August, this experience allows you to explore both the vineyards and the farmhouse before sitting down to some wonderful wines that are perfectly paired with delicious, local food products.
Girona Food Tours
This excellent company offers several different tours that will tickle your taste buds in the best possible way during a fun gastronomic adventure. Check out these top options.
- Flavors of Girona: During this four-hour walking tour, your knowledgeable guide will teach you about the Catalan culture along with its food and culinary traditions as you explore the area. You'll visit the marketplace and enjoy such foods as Spanish ham, locally produced cheeses, many of the most decadent local pastries, wines from area vineyards, tapas and a fresh-baked bun filled with homemade ice cream at the Willy Wonka-inspired ice cream shop, Rocambolesc.
- Tapas and Wine by Night: This is a wonderful tour for those who are looking for a fun evening activity. Join the locals at their favorite places to dine, and you'll enjoy a wide variety of gourmet tapas, Iberian ham, regional wines and cheeses, salt-cured anchovies and homemade ice cream for dessert. You'll go home with the knowledge of how to perfectly pair any cheese with the right wine, and you may request a private tour for as few as two individuals.
- Tasting and Cooking: A wonderful opportunity to learn about Catalan home cooking, you'll discover some wonderful secrets from a professional Catalan chef as you visit the market for your ingredients before being led through the creation of a delightful, traditional three-course meal. Once the cooking is done, you'll be able to sit down to your dinner with an excellent regional wine.