This exciting sporting event has been popular among racing fans since 2009, and the FIA WTCC Race of Morocco has next been scheduled for the weekend of April 7-8, 2018, in the city of Marrakesh. Considered Africa's biggest motorsport event, there will be some 20 hours of racing over the weekend with four main races and an exhibition race. Those in attendance should expect to enjoy a great show that boasts 100 super cars with professional drivers behind the wheel as well as an abundance of incredible family friendly activities and events that surround the race.
Drivers need to bring their best moves for the new FIA-sanctioned racetrack designed by famous architect Hermann Tilke and built in the very heart of Marrakesh. Christened the Circuit Moulay El Hassan, this grade-2 track offers spectators an exciting show as the drivers circle counter- clockwise and attempt to navigate several turns and short straights for a fast and challenging race. The trick is to drive as fast as possible on the straights without wiping out on those quick turns, and only the best of the best are expected to be victorious.
Exciting Activities and Events
While there's plenty of racing to keep you entertained, you'll also want to make time for some of the extra activities that are going on all around the race. These are just a few of the most popular.
- Fan Rides: Adrenaline junkies will delight in the opportunity to enjoy a few hot laps around the track with a professional driver. You may expect a fast ride in a Formula 1 or a Renault RS1.
- Autograph Sessions: A time will be set up for fans to obtain an autograph from their favorite drivers. Photos may also be taken at this time at the discretion of the driver.
- Moto Stunt: Don't try this at home, but come on out to see the amazing stunts that these motorcycle riders have to show you.
- F1 Simulators: A great way to see how it feels to be an actual driver in the race, several racing simulators are set up for the use of the fans.
- James Bond Motorcycle Show: Tricked-out motorcycles in true James Bond style are the stars of this show, and you'll be amazed at what these bikes can do.
- 4x4 Off-Road Show: Off-roading enthusiasts are sure to get a kick out of this show that boasts the best 4x4s that have been individually enhanced by their proud owners.
- Formula 1 Parade: Of course, the cars are the stars of this parade, and it's a fun way to get everyone excited for the races.
- Community Involvement: The race is a big deal, and just about every nearby business participates in some way. You'll find race specials at local restaurants as well as big parties and live entertainment at various clubs. Vendors, street performers and special activities for children are all found throughout the race weekend.
Various race tickets are available that allow fans to visit the pit in addition to watching the races, and you may also choose a VIP ticket that includes entrance to all of the exclusive after-race parties. Just let us know when you make your reservations for your preferred vacation residence with us here at Exceptional Stays, and we'll be happy to reserve your tickets for the exciting Race of Morocco event.