Some 300,000 visitors headed to Mexico's incredible Tulum just last summer, and many came for the fabulous beaches, top sport fishing experiences and the great many amazing land and water activities. However, Tulum holds a special treat for those enthusiasts of fly fishing, and you may expect an awesome experience with a custom fly fishing adventure in the still-water lagoons that are found in Tulum's Sian Kaan. Best of all, when you lodge with us here at Exceptional Stays, you may choose one of our wonderful vacation rentals that sits with these lagoons practically right in the backyard for even more fishing access and water activities.
About the Fly Fishing Adventure
While we may customize your experience to better fit your specific wants and needs, there is a standard and wonderful fly fishing tour offered. If you don't like what you see, then simply let us know when you make your reservations for your preferred vacation rental, and we'll make all of the necessary arrangements. Should you wait to decide if you'd like to do some fly fishing until after you have arrived, then you may count on your House Manager to take care of the details as soon as you let him or her know your specific desires. The beautiful surroundings are sure to enhance your fishing experience, and you can count on English-speaking local guides to take you right where the fish will be biting. Your party may choose a full day of fly fishing from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. or a half day from 8 a.m. to noon, and your tour includes:
- Fishing license
- Entry fee to reserve
- Purified bottled water
- Soft drinks
- Three beers each
- A packed lunch for those who choose the full-day experience
Alcoholic drinks are available to purchase, and gratuities are not included but encouraged as your tour guides will do everything possible to help ensure that your entire group enjoys a successful fly fishing experience.
Fish Commonly Caught
The lagoons are filled with some wonderful species of fish, and you should let us know if you would like fishing rods, flies and tackle provided for your group. Those who prefer to bring along their own equipment may be offered a suggested tackle list to be ensured of some great catches of the following fish.
- Barracuda: The barracuda has been known to be quite exciting to catch, and these fish can grow as big as 5 feet long and up to 100 pounds. It's possible to hook one of these feisty fish during any time of the year, but it's most likely during the winter months because the water is cooler, which encourages the fish to hide out in the shallow flats.
- Tarpon: These fish are a mighty challenge to catch because the adults may grow up to 8 feet long and weigh anywhere from 60 to a whopping 280 pounds. Tarpon are migratory fish that arrive in Tulum in April and hang around through June. Young tarpon may be hooked in October and November.
- Bonefish: Bonefishing is best from May through June, but these fish may be caught all year around. Bonefish may grow to weigh as much as 19 pounds and up to 4 feet long.
- Permit: This fish can weigh up to 60 pounds and may grow up to 4 feet long, so be ready for a challenging catch. Permit is in Tulum pretty much year around with the best fishing times during the spring and summer months as well as December through February.
Make Your Reservations Today
Contact us here at Exceptional Stays today to lock in one of our luxury Tulum vacation rentals, and we'll get busy helping you plan a spectacular stay. Our rentals boasts such services and amenities as a full staff, a rooftop swimming pool, a private hot tub, a theater room and air conditioning. In addition to arranging your fly fishing adventure, we're on hand to assist you in planning every part of your vacation from start to finish. Just let us know how we can be of help.