20 Sep 2018
Colorado’s stunning mountain town of Telluride is widely known as the place to be for summer festivals, and that often leaves true festival enthusiasts a little sad at summer’s end. The good news is that summer isn’t the only time of the year that you can get your festival fix, and the exciting Telluride Fire Festival is set to be held right around the corner in early December. Read on to learn more about this epic festival experience and the luxury vacation rentals that still have December vacancies available.
About the Telluride Fire Festival
If you’re a fan of the iconic Burning Man event, then you must make plans to experience the Telluride Fire Festival, which is set up to offer fun and excitement for the entire family. It has been scheduled to begin on Friday, Dec. 7, and it will run through Sunday, Dec. 9. Each day of the festival offers something special, and you’ll be able to see the huge fire sculptures lit up at night, watch incredible pure fire demonstrations and participate in several hands-on activities.
Workshops and Events
These are just a few of the activities that you may like to participate in, and most are held at the Wilkinson Public Library unless otherwise specified. You’ll want to sign up early as there are space restrictions.
- Intro to Hoop Juggling Techniques: Improve your juggling game with this 11 a.m. workshop that teaches the fine art of tossing, balancing and rolls.
- Musicality in Motion: Come at noon to get your exercise in with some fun dances using a variety of provided props.
- Beginner Juggling: Those of all ages are welcome to learn the art of juggling three balls at once from professional juggler, Jared Janssen. This workshop begins at noon.
- Glass Blowing (Beads): Held at the Ah Haa School for the Arts beginning at 10 a.m., this workshop begins with a demonstration by a professional glassblower followed by the opportunity for participants to create up to two glass beads of their own to take home.
- Dance of the Sacred Fire Poi: This workshop demonstrates how the pure fire shows are created, and the fun begins at 11 a.m.
- Dance of the Sacred Fire Staff: Those anxious to learn more about pure fire shows may stay after the first workshop above and enjoy this one that begins right afterwards at noon.
- Glass Blowing (Figurines): Held at the Ah Haa School for the Arts beginning at 10 a.m., this workshop begins with a demonstration by a professional glassblower followed by the opportunity for participants to create their own glass figurine to take home.
Come out to the Bob Theater on Friday night for an evening of fun and excitement. There will be comedy acts, amazing stunt performances, numerous varied live acts and plenty of drinks. General admission and VIP tickets are still available.
The Fire Ball
The ultimate highlight of the entire festival is the Fire Ball, and it’s been scheduled for Saturday from 9 p.m. to midnight in the Great Room at the St. Sophia gondola station. All ages are welcome, and you’ll enjoy an amazing show that features fire spinners, aerial silk and hoop performers and live musical entertainment with room for dancing. Those attending are encouraged to arrive in costume, and snacks will be offered. Advance tickets are available, and VIP tickets may be purchased by those who want the elevated experience. All ticket prices include a visit to the amazing Fire Sculpture Garden.
You’ll want to be close to everything that the Telluride Fire Festival has to offer, and here are two excellent vacation rentals that are still available near many of the festivities. Make your reservations for your preferred luxury residence with us here at Exceptional Stays today, and we’ll be happy to reserve your tickets for this festival’s workshops and events.
This spacious townhome can easily accommodate as many as 10 festival goers, and you all may also take advantage of the area’s fabulous skiing with easy ski-in/ski-out access. This property features three bedrooms and 3.5 baths across nearly 3,000 square feet of beautiful living space and access to incredible community amenities that include a ski valet, on-call chauffeur service, a health and beauty spa, a fully equipped gym and deliciously warm soaking pools.
A lovely private home, Liberty Bell Haus is just right for groups of eight, and you’ll enjoy a short walk to great skiing in addition to being near the Telluride Fire Festival activities. It offers three bedrooms and three baths that are perfectly situated across 1,800 square feet of living space, and great amenities include big windows that flood the home with sunlight, a cozy fireplace and a private hot tub out on the deck.