31 Dec 2018
Too many people from all around the world spend all of their time working and never take advantage of their rightful yearly vacation. The never-ending stress of constant work is actually extremely bad for your mental, emotional and physical health, and it’s important that you take that yearly vacation and some weekends off to relax your mind and body and enjoy yourself. If you need another good reason to take that much-deserved vacation during ski season, now through April 7, in the beautiful mountain town of Telluride, Colorado, then read on to learn about the incredible health benefits of skiing for you and your entire family.
How Skiing Improves Your Physical Health
- Improves Cardiovascular System: Skiing on the many slopes found in the area provides great fun and excitement, and most people find that they can easily spend an entire morning or afternoon enjoying this sport. That’s great news for your cardiovascular system because the act of skiing gets your heartrate up and greatly improves your circulation, and that sends more nutrients and oxygen to every part of your body so that your heart and lungs can work better.
- Builds Strong Muscles: This sport involves the constant movement of your entire lower body, which means your quads, glutes, hamstrings and thighs will all receive an amazing workout as you ski. The muscles in your back, shoulders and arms will benefit from this workout as well, and regular skiing encourages the development of muscles that are healthy, strong and toned, increases flexibility and improves your range of motion.
- Encourages Weight Management: Time spent on the slopes may burn 3,000 or more calories each day, and that’s sure to help you maintain or achieve a healthy weight. You may expect to lose 5 pounds of weight with just one week of skiing, and that number may go up if you hike back to the top of the slope occasionally instead of taking the ski lift.
- Provides Healthy Sun Exposure: A day spent outside while skiing gives your body plenty of opportunity to soak up natural vitamin D from the sun, which is vital for healthy teeth and bones, good insulin levels and a healthy brain, nervous system and immune system. Since you’ll be warmly dressed in skiwear, you’ll also be completely protected from the dangerous aspects of the sun.
How Skiing Improves Your Mental Health
- Enhances Mood: As you ski, you’ll get a wonderful feeling of exhilaration as both adrenaline and feel-good endorphins are rapidly released into your bloodstream. Your mood will become elevated, and you’ll feel happy and peaceful. You may expect any stress that you may have built up to evaporate after a good day of skiing as well.
- Improves Thinking Skills: If you’ve ever struggled with staying focused on your work or had trouble making a decision, then you’ll find that skiing actually helps sharpen your mind. As you ski, your mind stays busy figuring out your next move and taking note of objects that may be in your path, and those cognitive skills later translate into other areas of your life.
- Encourages Better Sleep Patterns: Between the mountain air and the skiing, you can expect a good sound sleep each night of your Telluride stay. The ski experience actually works your mind and body in such a way that you’ll be less likely to have difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep, and you should awake each morning feeling alert and refreshed and ready to hit the slopes once again.
A Few of Our Best Vacation Rentals That Offer Easy Ski Access
Here at Exceptional Stays, we have a great many Telluride and Mountain Village vacation residences that make getting on the ski slopes fun and easy, and these are just a few that you might like to choose from.
The private funicular at Telluride’s Auberge Residences at Element 52 allows you to enjoy ski-in/ski-out access from this lovely townhome that boasts three bedrooms and 3.5 baths across nearly 3,000 square feet of elegant living space. As many as 10 individuals may enjoy a comfortable stay at Riverhouse A, and you’ll have the use of wonderful community amenities that include multiple hot tubs that are just right for warming up after a day of skiing, spa and fitness facilities, a ski valet and an on-call chauffer.
This Telluride private home sits just a short half-block from the gondola, which you can ride to all of the best ski runs. Up to 10 guests are sure to find a comfortable stay in this home that offers five bedrooms and 4.5 baths across more than 3,200 square feet of living space, and perks include amazing views of Ajax Peak, a steam shower and a cozy fireplace.
Its name says it all, and this incredible private home sits just two blocks from the gondola and near many of Telluride’s best bars and restaurants. Local Luxury boasts over 2,300 square feet of living space with three bedrooms and three baths perfectly laid out for the privacy and comfort of as many as 10 visitors. A den with a wet bar, a gourmet kitchen and amazing mountain views are just a few of the amenities.
Larger groups of up to 17 individuals are in for a treat at this stunning Mountain Village property that offers seven bedrooms and eight baths across nearly 12,000 square feet of divine living space. This is a true ski-in/ski-out property with easy ski access right from the driveway, and the home comes with a private hot tub, a theater room, five fireplaces and a game room with a full-size pool table.
Even larger groups of up to 20 are invited to this immense Mountain Village estate that boasts nine bedrooms and 10.5 baths across nearly 12,000 square feet of stunning living space. It also comes with a separate guest house, acre after acre of beautiful grounds and direct ski-in/ski-out access right onto the glorious Galloping Goose ski run. You’ll have no trouble warming up after your day of skiing thanks to the private hot tub, sauna and six fireplaces, and other great amenities include an exercise room, a home theater and a game room.
Just right for two couples vacationing together or a couple with one or two children, this pretty condo comes with two bedrooms and two baths across 1,200 square feet of comfy living space. Visitors will enjoy a short, scenic walk to great skiing as well as a waterfront view and easy access to Telluride’s Main Street and all that it has to offer. Amenities include a private deck, elevator access and a lovely fireplace.
Plan Your Telluride Ski Vacation Today
The luxury vacation residences listed above still have some vacancies available during Telluride’s ski season, and you may lock in your reservations today by contacting us here at Exceptional Stays. If you don’t see a residence that fits your particular needs, then just let us know what your requirements are so that we may help you select the perfect residence. Once that is taken care of, our dedicated concierge team will get busy right away assisting you in planning the most amazing Telluride ski vacation of a lifetime.