3 Oct 2018
If you long for a good old-fashioned Christmas that brings the magic of the holiday to life and the family together in the spirit of love, hope and happiness, then it’s time to start planning a December vacation in the stunning mountain town of Telluride, Colorado. Here at Exceptional Stays, we believe in family, and we currently have luxury vacation homes available in Telluride and nearby Mountain Village that are sure to provide your family with an enchanting Christmas experience that will never be forgotten. Read on to learn more about Christmas in Telluride and all of the wonderful ways that your entire family may indulge in the spirit of the holiday.
It’s often difficult to find the time to decorate your home for the holidays, but we’ll take care of all of the decor details when you choose one of our excellent vacation rentals for the Christmas holiday. Imagine the joy on your little one’s faces when they walk inside the home to find a Christmas tree lit up with lights and decorations. You can even send your presents in advance using our shipping services so they are already under the tree when you arrive. Just be ready to snap those photos of these perfect family moments.
Professional Decorating Services
Whether you want Christmas decorations that are sure to delight children or elegant decorations that are more suitable for a holiday filled with entertaining, you can count on us to provide professional decorating services from only the most trusted local companies. These are just two of the professional decorators that we work with regularly for all of the decorating needs of our guests.
- New Leaf Design: The love of flowers led Frannie Aura, the founder of this successful design company, to become one of Colorado’s leading designers. She brings her unique vision to individual homes with an importance placed on the client’s personal wants and needs. For Christmas, Ms. Aura’s team will bring the holiday to life with a wonderful modern twist that includes gorgeous flowers, magnificent trees, flowing garlands, custom wreaths and exceptional lighting.
- Collective Roots Design: For 18 years, Marybeth O’Connor has delighted Colorado with her unique designs that have found their way into retail shops, art galleries, public areas and our very own vacation rentals. Her team offers custom designs and professional installation for all of your Christmas decor needs, and you’ll find this company always goes the extra mile to ensure the perfect holiday setting for your family.
Available Vacation Homes
At this writing, we still have vacation homes available for rental during the Christmas holiday. Any of these may be decorated for your stay, and there are others that we can show you if these don’t quite fit your needs.
This lovely ski-in/ski-out condo is perfect for a family of six, and you’ll have three bedrooms and three baths spread across nearly 3,000 square feet of incredible living space. You’ll be able to enjoy views of the skiers flying down the slopes as you sit toasty warm in front of your fireplace, and amenities include a gourmet kitchen, gorgeous skylights that invite in the winter sun, a Yamaha piano to add music to your Christmas carols and heated sidewalks outside to keep you safe from slippery conditions.
Christmas really is about family, so you might want to bring the entire extended family along for the holiday, and that’s easy to do at this incredible private home because there’s space for as many as 24 of your favorite people. Ten bathrooms and 9.5 baths are perfectly situated across over 12,000 square feet of luxurious living space, which includes a fully equipped guest house in addition to the large private home. There’s an entire wing dedicated to the children or teens in the group, and amenities include an easy walk to great skiing, an elevator, a private hot tub, a game room, a theater room and plenty of space in the yard to play in the snow.
Just right for a large-family Christmas, Hood Park Manor offers a spacious environment for up to 20 individuals. This stunning home is spread out over nearly 12,000 square feet of living space with nine bedrooms and 10.5 baths, and it comes with an additional guest home as well and several acres of land for the youngsters to play on. This is a true ski-in/ski-out home, and other great perks include an exercise room with a sauna, a private hot tub, a theater room, a game room and six fireplaces.
Smaller families of no more than seven are sure to enjoy this private home that sits next to a lovely creek. It boasts three bedrooms and 3.5 baths across more than 2,200 square feet of comfortable living space, and there’s a lovely guest house on the property as well. Amenities include a private hot tub, a huge stone fireplace, a steam shower and stunning mountain views.
A short, beautiful stroll from this home takes you to exciting ski options, and there’s enough space for 16 people to stay in complete comfort. There are six bedrooms and 7.5 baths across a full 6,500 square feet of beautiful living space, and a fully equipped apartment is on the property as well. Amazing mountain views are abundant from this home, and you’ll also enjoy a private hot tub and steam room for a great warm-up after skiing, a bonus loft that any children or teens in the group will love and two fireplaces.
Most of our vacation rentals feature a fully equipped gourmet kitchen with the finest appliances and many extras to make meal preparation fun and easy. We can even stock your shelves with all of the items that you’ll need for the perfect Christmas dinner before your arrival date. You may also choose a rental that comes with the services of a private chef who is ready to prepare a meal for the family or a huge feast for as many guests as you like.
If you’d rather relax and enjoy the Christmas gifts, then you may also count on finding a good selection of restaurants open for Christmas dinner. These include Allreds, the New Sheridan Chop House, La Marmotte and 221 South Oak. Advance reservations are required in all cases, and there are also restaurants in town that will be happy to deliver a delicious meal right to your vacation home.
Christmas Church Services
Even though you won’t be home to attend the Christmas service at your regular place of worship, there are several churches in Telluride that you’re welcome to attend.
- St. Patrick’s Catholic Church
- Telluride Christian Fellowship
- Christ Presbyterian Church
- The Alpine Chapel
Though you’re sure to want to bring the Christmas gifts along that you’ve already purchased, you should definitely save some room under the tree for some special gifts found right here in Telluride. These are just a few that offer unique gift ideas.
- Medicine Ranch: Perfect for the lovers of natural medicine on your Christmas list, this store produces its herbal remedies on site from fresh botanicals found in the mountains surrounding Telluride. Expect to discover some wonderful organic skin-care products, essential oils, rocks and minerals and aromatherapy and apothecary items.
- Telluride Truffle: Anyone with a sweet tooth is sure to appreciate a gift from this specialty shop. Each truffle is made with Belgian chocolate and Colorado cream, and you may also enjoy the homemade cookies and candies.
- Telluride Trappings and Toggery: Cool vintage apparel and luxury clothing brands for men, women and children may be found at this incredible shop.
- Telluride Gallery of Fine Art: A gift of fine art is always appreciated, and you may discover a one-of-a-kind masterpiece offered at this gallery along with an incredible collection of unique jewelry.
Several festive activities pop up around town during the holidays, and these are just a few that your family may enjoy.
- Winter Prelude: Planned for the weekend of Dec. 15-16 in nearby Mountain Village, everyone is welcome to come see this mountain town magically transformed into the North Pole. There will be several holiday activities for the children and a cash bar and lounge for the adults.
- Christmas Eve Torchlight Parade: This fun tradition is held each Christmas Eve, and you’ll see festively dressed skiers and snowboarders race down the mountains and onto Telluride Trail with their red torchlights blazing.
- Noel Night: Set for Dec. 5, Telluride officially welcomes in the Christmas season with the lighting of the town Christmas tree and Main Street. After, you’ll discover that every shop, restaurant and bar is open and offering amazing discounts.
- Visit Santa: The little ones will have a chance to tell Santa how good they’ve been this year at the Winter Prelude mentioned above. While not yet scheduled, it’s likely that Santa will also turn up at several activities and events in Telluride and Mountain Village during the month of December.
The ski season is in full swing in December, and there are plenty of fun, safe ski slopes for the entire family as well as some exciting ski runs and special ski activities that are aimed at the thrill seekers in your group. You may also plan to have some fun with the family outside building snow people, engaging in a good snowball fight, building a snow fort, sledding down the hills or ice skating.
Reserve Your Christmas Vacation Home Today
Start making your plans today to spend the Christmas holiday in Telluride. You’re more than welcome to come early to enjoy all of the December activities, or you might like to stay with us even longer so that you may welcome in a brand new year with us here in Telluride. Contact us here at Exceptional Stays to lock in your telluride lodging rental, and we’ll get busy right away helping you plan the perfect Christmas vacation experience.