26 May 2022
Every year, travelers looking for world-class outdoor adventures pack their bags and head to Colorado. Start planning your next nature-filled getaway by booking your seat on one of the several flights traveling to Telluride, Colorado. Surrounded by the San Juan Mountains and picturesque countryside, Telluride draws hundreds of thousands of visitors each year looking to take advantage of world-class skiing and hiking opportunities. Regardless of where your daily adventures take you, enjoy high-class living at a vacation rental from Exceptional Stays.
A Guide on How to Get to Telluride
There are two main airports you can fly to near Telluride. The Montrose Regional Aiport (MTJ) is about 65 miles away and is the primary airport for this Colorado town. The Telluride Regional Airport (TEX) is your other option, only about 10 minutes away from Mountain Village and downtown. Five significant cities offer non-stop service during the summer, and there are non-stop flights from 10 major hubs in the winter.
- Denver to Telluride: All year, you can catch a direct flight from Denver to either of these two airports. Both Southwest and United airlines offer multiple flights to MTJ. Denver Air Connection journeys to TEX one to two times a day.
- Phoenix to Telluride: New this summer is a daily service from Phoenix to TEX. Denver Air Connection, which partners with United Airlines
- Dallas to Telluride: American Airlines makes one to three trips daily to MTJ year-round. Flights are generally offered from early morning to late evening.
- Chicago to Telluride: During the summer months, United Airlines provides daily trips to MTJ.
- Houston to Telluride: If you're traveling from Houston between June and September, take advantage of Unite Airlines' non-stop flight to MTJ.
The schedule above is for the summer season. MTJ also offers flights from Newark, LaGuardia, Atlanta, San Francisco, and Los Angeles in the winter. International travelers will likely fly into Denver International Airport before continuing to Telluride.
Once you land, pick up your rental car and head to your luxury vacation rental. There are also several ground transportation options at both MTJ and TEX. A vehicle is often unnecessary during your stay in Telluride, so ground transportation like a shuttle is a great option.
Start Planning Your Telluride Escape
By choosing to stay with Exceptional Stays, you get access to our inventory of luxury vacation rentals and our range of concierge services. Our team can help you make flight reservations to Telluride, Colorado, and arrange for a private car to take you to your rental. Browse our accommodations and book direct online today.