14 Oct 2015
Those vacationing in stunningly beautiful Punta Mita, Mexico, are able to enjoy all of the wonderful activities all year around thanks to the consistently perfect air and water temperatures. People come for the luxurious accommodations, the sand and surf, the amazing fishing and boating opportunities and the world-class golf. Many more come specifically to experience the top-of-the-line scuba diving and snorkeling adventures that can only be found in the clear, blue waters that surround Punta Mita.
Snorkel or Scuba Dive at These Great Spots
You can step right off of the beach near your lodgings in Punta Mita and spend many hours enjoying snorkeling or scuba diving amongst the many underwater inhabitants. Those who want a bit of a more organized underwater session have many areas to choose from.
- The Marietas Islands Marine Reserve:A short boat ride of just a few minutes from Punta Mita will take you to this amazing national treasure that is also often referred to as the Mexican Galapagos. Located at the entrance of Banderas Bay, divers and snorkelers alike will find a wonderful abundance of healthy sea life thanks to the restrictions that were put in place to protect the islands and their surrounding waters. You may expect to see rays, sharks, some 115 species of fish, whales, dolphins and an incredible coral reef. The wonderful formation of the islands has also created a series of caves, tunnels and even a hidden beach that you can explore during your underwater adventure.
- El Morro:Experienced divers flock to this amazing location just a few short miles from the Marietas Islands. Situated on the very edge of Banderas Bay, you may enjoy diving at depths of up to 150 feet. You'll find several caves to explore, a 50-foot tunnel and wall-diving opportunities. You should also expect to encounter a vast variety of underwater life that includes manta rays, huge moray eels, sea horses, sharks, octopus, sea turtles and dolphins.
- Los Anegados:This sheltered area that is located between El Morro and the Marietas Islands on the outer limits of Banderas Bay is the ideal spot to view the gentle nurse shark. A dive of about 30 feet will take you among some amazing rock formations and several caves that you can explore. Rays and eels also tend to gather in great numbers in this area.
- Anclote Beach:This beautiful Punta Mita beach offers calm, clear waters for an excellent snorkeling experience. You can rent your snorkel equipment right on the beach, and there are plenty of other activities available such as kayak and catamaran rentals for your friends and family who may want to stay on top of the water while you snorkel. Schools of brightly colored, tropical fish are always found in this area.
- Bucerias Beach:A little over 30 miles from Punta Mita, you will find this excellent beach with a name that literally translates into, "Place of the Divers." Its clear waters provide a natural draw for both scuba divers and snorkelers who want an excellent view of all the underwater creatures that inhabit the area.
- La Corentena and El Sequial:Near Puerto Vallarta, you will find an opportunity to enjoy everything that the mighty Pacific Ocean has to offer at these remote locations. These are both deep dives that are designated for experienced divers. At La Corentena, you can expect to dive at depths of up to 120 feet, and depths at El Sequial go as far down as 1.5 miles. You may expect to see large schools of tuna, sailfish and various sharks.
Come Stay With Us
Contact us here at Exceptional Stays today, and we will lock in your reservations for one of our many amazing luxury villas with a wonderful selection of incredible amenities. If you will let us know what kind of scuba diving or snorkeling experience that you are looking for, we will be happy to assist you in making reservations through one of our local, professional companies. You can be assured of a safe and fun adventure with all of the necessary equipment and proper training provided to you by qualified personnel.